A downloadable game for Windows
Waves is a twin stick shooter that can be played by anyone, but with a high enough skill threshold to keep even the most hardened shooter fan entertained.
Set in a Neo-Cyberspace arena your system is being overrun by bugs, errors and viruses and the only solution is to kill every rogue process before it kills you.
Clear the arena of enemies while racking up a big fat Combo with swift kills and well timed Bombs. If it all gets a bit too much you can use your Time Buffer to slow down the action and turn defeat into victory. Players can compete across seven different game modes with online high-score tables and Achievements in their pursuit of twin-stick perfection.
- Slow down time at will with the Time Buffer.
- Decimate enemies with well timed bombs.
- Chain together kills for massive combos.
- Battle against your friends scores with the online leaderboards*.
- Crunch Time – 3 minutes of intense action every time.
- Level up and defeat the fearsome Cubes to extend your time in Rush.
- Survival mode - 3 Lives and more baddies than you can eat.
- Bombing Run is all about the Boom. No guns but lots and lots of Boom.
- Try and 5-Star all 20 of the 30 second waves in Challenge mode.
- Feel the adrenaline pump with only 5 seconds to live in Chase.
- Your Weapons are Useless! Unless you stand your ground in Hold.
* In order to use Online leaderboards & Achievements you must add the game to your Steam library using the Steam key provided and either launch the game from within steam or have the Steam client running.
- OS: Windows XP SP2, Vista, 7
- Processor: 2.0+ GHz or better
- Memory: 1 GB RAM
- Graphics: Shader Model 3 Compatible video card
- DirectX®: 9.0c
- Hard Drive: 250 MB HD space
|Release date||Nov 17, 2011|
|Made with||Unreal Engine|
|Tags||Abstract, Arcade, Bullet Hell, chiptune, Neon, Shoot 'Em Up, Top down shooter, Twin Stick Shooter, Unreal Engine|
|Average session||A few minutes|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Mouse, Xbox controller|
You do not need to download or install anything to use the Steam version of the game just register the provided key with your Steam account and download it to your library.
In order to use Online leaderboards & Achievements you must add the game to your Steam library using the Steam key provided and either launch the game from within steam or have the Steam client running.
When installing the game using Waves-Setup.exe you may need to run it as administrator. Windows 10 tends to complain that the file can't be trusted but that's because it's from 2014 and is older than Windows 10! It's just jealous.
- If you have any trouble running the game...Dec 20, 2017